WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT FAIRWOOD?
- Fairwood is one of Maryland’s most highly regarded planned communities and the premier new community in Prince George’s County.
- Fairwood is an unincorporated area and census designated place adjoining the City of Bowie. Community affairs are governed by a five-member Board of Directors, elected by residents. The community covers approximately 3.5 square miles and is rapidly approaching its maximum of 1800 homes.
- Like many communities, Fairwood suffered during the Great Recession of 2007-2009, but home prices have rebounded. Fairwood homes are now a terrific investment, remaining markedly more affordable than in areas elsewhere in Maryland and Northern Virginia. Fairwood offers, in this region, unsurpassed value for your real estate investment.
- Fairwood is fortunate, economically and educationally. Median household income in 2017 was $173,00. Two-thirds of Fairwood’s adults have a college or university degree, and one-third have advanced degrees.
- An elementary school in Fairwood’s master plan has yet to be built and is still being considered. About half of Fairwood’s children attend Prince George’s County Public Schools, and half attend nearby private schools.
- Fairwood is a diverse and welcoming community, reflecting the regional and international composition of the metropolitan Washington area.
The managed and maintained community includes:
pathways, ponds, community-use areas, community center, pools and amenities, parks, recreational complexes, nearby schools, nearby retail and nature trails.